Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- In large pan: 2 cups 100% bran; 4 cups all bran cereal; 1/2 cup wheat germ; 2 cups boiling water. Place in bowl, pour water over and mix well.
- In large mixing bowl cream: 1 cup Crisco 4 eggs; 2 1/2 cups sugar. Beat well.
- Add this creamed mixture to the bran mixture and beat in until blended.
- Sift 5 cups flour; 5 tsp. baking soda; 1 tsp. salt.
- Add sifted ingredients to bran mixture, alternating with: 1 quart buttermilk; 3/4 cups honey; 2-3 cups raisins.
Place in refrigerator tightly covered. Use as needed. Bake 20 minutes at
375. Makes about 7 dozen muffins. Will keep for many weeks in refrigerator.