Open-Face Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts or radish sprouts
- 2 large slices multi-grain bread toasted
Place eggs in large bowl; mash coarsely with back of fork. Mix in onion, mayonnaise, mustard and thyme. Season salad with salt and pepper. Mound salad, then sprouts on bread, dividing equally.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.