Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Sliced Steak, and Mushroom Salad
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 8-ounce sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- +1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- +2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- +1 teaspoon dried oregano
- +1 clove garlic, minced
- +1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- +1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- +1/2 cup olive oil
- +2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Whisk red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly stream olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Beat lemon juice into the mixture.
Pour dressing into a sealable jar or bottle, seal, and shake until emulsified.
Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the steak. Cook until desired doneness. Let rest while you prepare the salad.
Divide the shredded Brussels sprouts between two plates. Top with the mushrooms, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Slice the steak and add it to the salad. Serve with the dressing.