- 3 T EVOO
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 C dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 3/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 2 dozen large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 T unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- Sliced scallions for garnish
In medium saucepan, heat 1 T of oil. Add shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 min. Stir in the wine and thyme and cook until reduced by half, about 2 min. Add the Worcestershire sauce and broth and cook until reduced to ½ C, about 15 min.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 T of oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, turning once, for 2 min total. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring until thickened, about 2 min. Stir in the butter until incorporated and season with salt. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and garnish with scallions.