Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can refried beans - (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup purchased chunky hot salsa
- 1 package Velveeta cheese - (16 oz) cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
Combine beer, cumin, dried oregano and garlic powder in heavy medium sauce-pan. Bring to simmer. Add beans and salsa; stir until heated through. Add Velveeta cheese; stir until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Transfer to bowl. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
This recipe yields about 4 cups.