Chocolate Chip Chiffon Cake
Chiffon cake has a texture similar to that of sponge cake. Although baking powder aids the leavening, for the tallest cake, gently fold the grated chocolate into the cake batter and distribute it evenly. This cake takes patience to make, but the end result is gratifying!
- Make as well and add:
- 2 and 1/4 cups: Softasilk Cake flour
- 1 teaspoon: salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups: white sugar
- 3 teaspoons: baking powder
- 1/2 cup: salad oil
- 5 unbeaten egg yolks
- 3/4 cups: water
- 2 squares of chocolate (grated)
- 2 teaspoons: vanilla
- Measure into a large mixing bowl:
- 1.5 cups: egg whites (7 or 8 eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon: cream of tartar
Whip egg whites until the whites are very stiff. Mix all other ingredients together. Pour the egg yolk mixture over egg whites. Circulate air with a spatula. Preheat the oven to 325° for 55 minutes, then bake at 350° for 15 minutes.