Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Salad with Grilled Beef
- 1 8-ounce sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 tablespoons Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the steak. Cook until desired doneness. Let rest while you prepare the salad.
Put the sweet potatoes in a microwave safe covered dish and add a few drops of water. Microwave on high until potatoes are tender, about 5-8 minutes.
Divide the vegetables, pomegranate seeds and almonds between two plates. Slice the steak, add it to the salad and top with the sprouts. Serve with the dressing.