Tomatillo Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- For Garnish: Tortilla Chips, diced avocado and sour cream
Adapted from herdeztraditions.com
In large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cumin and cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce, green chiles and chicken broth; season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered 30 minutes.
To serve, stir in cilantro, top with crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.