One Pot Cajun Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 8 oz. sliced smoked sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz. box pasta (your choice)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- Recipe for Cajun seasoning: equal parts cayenne pepper, onion powder,
- paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper)
Pour olive oil into heavy pot. Add diced chicken breasts, cover with Cajun seasoning and stir until chicken is evenly seasoned. Then add sliced sausage. Cook on medium 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms and stir. Continue cooking 3-5 minutes.
Add dry pasta ( if using long thin noodles, break in half). Pour in chicken broth. Stir until everything is mixed. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, keep covered and bring heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Cook until liquid evaporates or add a little cornstarch to thicken.
Add the cream and Parmesan and stir until pasta is well blended. Garnish with green onions, more Parmesan and a sprinkle of the Cajun seasoning.