Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita sal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 ml (just over 1/3 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro/coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)
- 1/2 yellow capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 5 cups cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Extra coriander leaves to garnish
- Sour cream (optional) to serve
1.Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved marinade to use as a dressing.
2.Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
3.Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill/fry capsicum/pepper strips until cooked to your liking.
4.Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, capsicum/pepper slice and sliced chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra coriander leaves and sour cream.