Spiced Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
• For a quick homemade frosting, whip 8 oz. cream cheese until fluffy. Blend in 1¼ c. confectioners’ sugar and a splash of heavy cream.
• These would also be delightful topped with chocolate ganache.
• Prefer your cupcakes to be sweet, rather than bittersweet? Instead of using stout, use ½ cup Irish cream liqueur and ½ cup water. It’s delicious
posted by Jen Thompson
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 cup Irish stout
- Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Cream cheese frosting canned or homemade
Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave butter in mixing bowl until melted; stir in beer. Stir in pound cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into cupcake liners, filling about ¾-full with batter. Bake about 25 minutes; cool. Top with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish if desired.