- 2 15 oz. containers whole-milk rocotta
- 1 Tbsp. unslated butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temp, cut in cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp salt free matzo meal
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 8 " inch diameter springform pan with 2 1/2 inch high sides
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 720mins
Put ricotta in a large fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
Arrange a rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350* degrees. Grease an 8" inch spring form with 2 1/2 inch sides with butter. Mix 1 Tbsp sugar and breadcrumbs in a small bowl, sprinkle over buttered pan to coat. Tap out excess crumbs.
Transfer ricotta to a processor. Puree for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor; puree until smooth. Add cream cheese; puree until smooth. Add the remaining sugar and all other ingredients; puree, scraping down sides occasionally; until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
Bake cheesecake until golden brown and just set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan (cake will fall slightly). Refrigerate uncovered until cool, about 3 hours. Then cover and chill overnight.
To serve, wrap a warm towel around pan to release cake. Remove pan sides. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into wedges.