Zucchini Crisp Pizzas
- 3 medium zucchinis, rinsed & cut into thin rounds
- 2/3 C Panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2/3 C parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 C marinara or pizza sauce
- 2-3 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Preheat oven to 450....
and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray..
Place zucchini rounds in a large bowl & drizzle in olive oil. Toss well so that each round is coated in oil.
In a shallow dish or small bowl, mix Panko & parmesan cheese together until combined, then season with salt & pepper.
In batches, press both sides of zucchini rounds into Panko mixture, pressing firmly to it adheres, until they're all thoroughly coated.
Transfer zucchini to baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until breading is golden brown.
Remove tray from oven and spread a small amount of marinara sauce over each zucchini round.
Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and return to oven. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and serve hot.