Chicken Veloute With Pearl Onions And Peas
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 ounces foie gras
- 2 cups pearl onions blanched, peeled
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Create a gastrique by combining vinegar and sugar in a saucepan; simmer until reduced to 1/4 of the volume. Pour in chicken stock; simmer again until reduced by half to condense the flavor.
Buzz in the foie gras using a handheld blender. The sauce will thicken. Fold in pearl onions and peas. Season with freshly cracked black pepper, garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 3 cups.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Bacon, Pear & Raspberry Grilled... 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Pears with Cranberries, Pistachio... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)