Lemon-Ginger Chicken With Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 whole roasting chickens - (4 1/2 lbs ea)
- Roasted Root Vegetables (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Rinse chickens inside and out; pat dry. Rub oil mixture in cavities and over outside of chickens. Tie legs together with string to hold shape. Tuck wing tips under.
Place chickens on rack set in large roasting pan. Roast chickens until juices run clear when thigh is pierced or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Transfer chickens to platter. Pour pan juices into medium bowl; spoon off fat and discard. Drizzle juices over chickens. Surround chickens with Roasted Root Vegetables. Sprinkle vegetables with parsley.
This recipe yields 6 servings.