FETTUCCINE WITH SHRIMP AND CREAMY LEMON SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (31-35 count), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until they turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp at this point, as they will cook more later. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened. Add the lemon zest and juice -- the juice will immediately evaporate into a glaze. Stir in the heavy cream, broth and chopped rosemary. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced to about 1¼ cups, 5 to 7 minutes. During the last minute, return the shrimp to the skillet. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the fettuccine and cook just until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well. Return the fettuccine to the pot. Add the sauce and mix well.
Serve hot in individual bowls, garnish with the rosemary sprigs.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ron's Grilled Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Herb Marinated Grilled Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- One Pot Cajun Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate-Dipped Cherry Cordials 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Basil Pasta Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)