Mini (4-inch) Chocolate Cake
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 4" x 2" round cake pan with baking spray.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Whisk together water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla in a cup. Add to dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
3. Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. (I frosted the cake with cream cheese icing.)