Turkey Mini Meatloaves With Chili Sesame Glaze
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili-garlic paste, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the meatloaf:
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 2 pounds cold ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped cilantro
- 10 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the garnish:
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds, or combination
- Chopped cilantro
. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Make glaze: Bring vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili-garlic paste, garlic and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once liquid comes to a boil, decrease heat to low and simmer until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, make meatloaf: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well but lightly, using your hands or a fork.
4. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each into a small loaf. Place on prepared baking sheet. Use a spoon to make a small indentation in top of each loaf. Spoon a tablespoon of glaze over each loaf. Reserve remaining glaze for later use.
5. Place meatloaves in oven. Bake, using a meat thermometer to monitor temperature, until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread another spoonful of glaze over each loaf. Set aside five minutes, then transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and herbs. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.