Nutrition Facts: Calories 148; Calories from Fat 58; Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 258mg; Carbohydrate 19g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 0g; Protein 4g.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine or butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread - (1 lb) cut into
- twenty-four 1/2 slices
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, butter, garlic, oregano, and salt. Brush the mixture on one side of each bread slice, then press the slices back together to form a loaf. Wrap the loaf in foil and bake until hot in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 servings. Serving size: 2 slices.