Super Chocolate Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Adapted from chocolatechocolateandmore.com
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl with a whisk until well combined. Combine the milk, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until no lumps remain.
3. Spray an 8x8 pan with baking spray, and pour the batter into the pan.
4. Combine the brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a separate bowl. Mix it together well, and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
5. Slowly drizzle the boiling water over the top of the dry mix on the cake. Pour carefully, and make sure that the water doesn't pour through to the batter.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top layer is cakey. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm with ice cream on top.