Italian-Style Cabbage Salad
- 8 cups thinly-sliced red cabbage (abt 1/2 large head)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine red cabbage, parsley and capers in large bowl.
Whisk oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water and garlic in small bowl to blend. Add to cabbage mixture and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared up to 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.