Grilled Ratatouille Salad With Feta Cheese
- 1 eggplant - (12 to 14 oz) cut 1/2"-thk rounds
- 1 zucchini quartered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper cut lengthwise
- into 6 strips
- 1 medium onion cut 1/2"-thk rounds
- 3 tablespoons purchased garlic-flavored olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar - (to 3 tspns)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper and onion on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; turn to coat.
Grill vegetables until tender and tinged with brown, turning frequently, about 6 minutes for eggplant and zucchini and about 10 minutes for red bell pepper and onion.
Divide vegetables between 2 plates; drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle cheese and basil over and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.