Garlic Chicken Mitsu Ken Style
- 3 pounds chicken drummettes or wings (I used 2-1/2 lb. of boneless thighs)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart canola oil; for frying
- Garlic-Soy Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar - consider lowering to 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic; minced - bump this up to a LOT of garlic
- 1/4 cup green onions; chopped
Adapted from youtube.com
Rinse chicken and pat dry; set aside. Combine flour, garlic salt, pepper and garlic powder in gallon-size plastic bag; shake to mix well. Place chicken in the plastic bag, shake to coat with flour mixture. Refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
Combine all ingredients for Garlic-Soy Sauce; mix until well blended.
Deep fry chicken in oil heated to 365-375 degrees until chicken is golden. Drain on paper towels then dip in garlic-soy sauce to serve.