Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts transform into crispy, poppable treats after 10 minutes in a piping-hot oven.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 tsp table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- lemon wedges, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
1. Place a large rimmed baking sheet on an oven rack in the lowest position and heat the oven to 500 degrees . Trim the bottom of the sprouts, peel and discard any unhappy-looking leaves, and halve the sprouts.
2. In a large bowl, drizzle the sprouts with the oil and toss until theyre evenly coated. Sprinkle with the salt and the sugar and toss gently to combine.
3. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Carefully transfer the sprouts to the sheet and spread them evenly, flat sides down.
4. Place the sprouts in the oven and roast them until theyre well browned and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.