Mediterranean Pasta In Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced diagonally
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes - (8 1/2 oz) julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water - (8 1/2 oz) quartered, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Boil water for pasta in a pasta pot, fitted with a strainer. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken strips until no longer pink -- about 3 minutes each side. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet. Saute for 2 minutes. In the meantime, add the fresh pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
Now add the basil, artichoke hearts, olives and feta cheese to the skillet. Saute 1 minute then stir in the cream. Strain the pasta and transfer to a large pasta bowl. Add the chicken saute to the pasta and toss. Season with oregano, salt and pepper before serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.