Lemon Grass-Ginger Pork Sliders
- 1 pound ground pork, preferably pork shoulder or another fatty cut
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled cooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or other red chile powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/4 About 1/4 cup peanut oil and more for oiling the plate
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Step 1 In a large bowl, combine the pork and turmeric and set aside.
Step 2 In a mortar or food processor, combine the lemon grass, garlic, shallots, ginger and salt. Process or pound to a coarse paste. Add the rice, chile powder and tomatoes and process again.
Step 3 Lightly brush a plate with oil. Add the aromatic paste to the meat and use your hands to knead together thoroughly. Shape the mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter, then flatten each gently into a small, thick patty. Set aside on the oiled plate.
Step 4 Heat the oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliders and cook for about 3 minutes, until browned. Turn over the sliders and keep cooking; if they start to release liquid, raise the heat to continue browning. Cook until just firm to the touch.
Step 5 Serve hot, garnished with cilantro sprigs.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach and Onion Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Corn, Greens, Bacon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cuban Roasted Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)