Bacon & Cola Crock Pot Roast Beef
- 1 (3-4 lb) bottom round beef roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of celery or mushroom soup (whatever your preference)
- 1/2 lb bacon , cooked and crumbled (reserve drippings)
- 3 -5 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can Cola
- 1 tbsp corn starch and 1 tbsp water mixed
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from momswithcrockpots.com
Pour 1 can of Cola into your crock pot and set temperature to low.
Place your Beef Roast in the crock pot and sprinkle the Dry Onion Soup mix over roast and the cola
While cooking the roast on low, fry the bacon to a crisp, crumble it and set aside.
Pour the bacon drippings from cooking the bacon and drizzle them over your roast.
Spread the bacon crumbles over your roast and dry onion soup mix.
Cover roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4-6 hours on high.
One hour before roast is to be served make your gravy.
Lift roast out of crock pot and set aside.
Add your one can of Cream of Celery soup and hand whisk until blended. For time's sake I use the electric mixer.
Add corn starch and water mix and whisk in to thicken.
Place your roast back into the crock pot and finish out your cooking time.
Serve your roast with gravy over mashed potatoes.