Creamy Spinach and Tortellini
- 2 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated or 1 (19-oz.) pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, undrained*
- 1 cup cubed seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook about 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream and cheese. Cook until mixture just comes to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low; stir in cooked tortellini. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. If desired, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.