HEARTY POTATO & CHEDDAR WITH BACON SOUP
- 1 lb. sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 lbs. Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb. Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
In a large saucepan cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside. Drain all but 1 Tbs. drippings. Add butter and melt.
Add onions, carrots and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in chicken stock.
Add potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook partially covered for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Place cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir in about a quarter of the hot soup, mixing until smooth. Return cheese mixture to saucepan.
Gradually stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper. Continue to heat soup until almost boiling.
You'll also love
- Cheese Ball - Diane (Blk Olive) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ranch Porkchops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Barley Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Corn, Greens, Bacon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Bacon & Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)