- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pkg (20 oz) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons tbsp grated Parmesan
Adapted from recipe.com
Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a 2-quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Crumble ground beef into a large nonstick skillet. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, until browned. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the marinara sauce, half the basil and half the parsley.
Meanwhile, cook ravioli for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain and return to pot. Stir in remaining sauce, basil and parsley.
Pour half the ravioli into prepared dish, spreading level. Top with meat sauce and 3/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Add remaining ravioli to dish and top with remaining 11/4 cups shredded mozzarella and the Parmesan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil; broil ravioli for 2 minutes. Garnish with additional chopped basil, if desired.