Grilled Chipotle Corn
Rachael Ray - People Magazine July 13, 2015
- 1 cup cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- Zest and juice of lime, divided
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, cotija, or soft crumbling cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high
2. In a small saucepot over a low flame, heat and reduce the cream, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and lime zest until thick and flavors come together, about 15 minutes.
3. While cream is reducing, mix cheese, oregano, scallion, and cilantro together in a small bowl.
4. Grill the corn until the kernels are evenly charred. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and cut the corn off the cob. Drizzle with chipotle cream sauce, sprinkle with cheese mixture, and with a squeeze of lime juice.