Buttermilk Chive Chicken Breast
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1/2 C plus 1 TBS chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 3 TBS chopped fresh chives
- Dash salt and pepper
1. Combine buttermilk, 1/2 C chives, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in small bowl.
2. Place chicken in zip-lock bag with buttermilk mixture.
3. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
4. Combine sauce ingredients in blender until almost smooth.
5. Cover and refrigerate. Serve room temperature.
6. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
7. Pat chicken dry.
8. Heat large skillet over med-high until hot.
9. Add oil and heat until hot.
10. Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink in the center. (turn once and reduce heat if cooking too fast.)
11. Sprinkle with remaining TBS of chives and serve with sauce.