Pickles - Vegetable Relish
Good on hot dogs!
Recipe from Family Circle magazine
- 5 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 4 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 cups corn (fresh or canned, drained)
- 2 cups finely chopped red pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Kosher (coarse) salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Combine zucchini, corn and the rest of the veggies in a large glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Cover with towel and let sit for 4 hours. Drain well. Place in a large stainless steel or enamel pan. Add sugar, vinegar, mustard and spices. Bring to boil. Cook 10 minutes.
Put into hot jars, top with hot rings and lids. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Yield: 7 pts.