Slow-Cooker Parmesan-Herb Pork Loin with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Recipe source: Southern Living | January 2016
- 2 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 3/4 cups chopped fresh fennel
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (2-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- Hot cooked pasta
Adapted from southernliving.com
1. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to high, and stir in wine. Bring to a boil, and boil, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
2. Add whole tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with spoon. Stir in 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper, and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
3. Stir together Parmesan cheese, next 3 ingredients, and remaining salt and pepper. Rub mixture over all sides of pork roast, pressing to adhere.
4. Place pork roast in slow cooker, and cook on LOW 8 hours. Carefully remove pork from slow cooker, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork, and serve with sauce over hot cooked pasta.
You'll also love
- Bacon Tomato Zucchini Frittata 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Perfect Poached Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Corned Beef Hash 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon Mousse Napoleans 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Wild Rice & Cranberry Stuffing 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Breaded Pork Cutlets with Root Veg... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Whole Pot-Roasted Cauliflower With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Heidi Swanson's Summer Squash Soup... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)