Low Fat Chicken Salad
4 servings - 50 calories per serving
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 cup apples (fruit -, blueberry, peach, apricot, strawberry)
- 1 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1/3 cup purple onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt (or regular)
- 1 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps dijon mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
Low Fat Chicken Salad: Method
In a large bowl, place 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken breasts, 1 cup of diced celery, and 1/3 of diced red onion – mix well to combine.
In a smaller bowl, combine 1/2 cup of fat free Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of fat free mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the dressing with the chicken mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
Gently add one cup of the fruit of your choice (blueberries, grapes, peaches, apricots, strawberries, etc) and again – with great care so as not to bruise the fruit – incorporate it into the salad until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing.