Deviled Eggs With Smoked Salmon And Green Onions
- 1 russet potato - (8 to 9 oz) peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons minced smoked salmon - (abt 1 oz)
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook potato in pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Cool potato.
Meanwhile, place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain. Rinse eggs with cold water until cool. Peel off shells. Halve eggs lengthwise. Reserve 3 egg yolks for another use.
Combine remaining 3 yolks, potato, oil, lemon juice and mustard in medium bowl. Mash with fork until well blended. Stir in 2 tablespoons salmon and 1 1/2 tablespoons green onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide potato-and-yolk mixture among hard-boiled egg white halves, mounding slightly. (Eggs can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.) Garnish eggs with 2 tablespoons salmon and 1 1/2 tablespoons green onions.
This recipe yields 12.
Per Egg half: calories, 66; total fat, 3g; saturated fat, 1g; cholesterol, 80mg.
You'll also love
- Cornmeal Cake With Black Cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod With Herb-Stuffing Crust 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Cooler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom And Leek... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna And Vegetable Fettuccine With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime-Pickled Red Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Sausage Pizza With Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon With Roasted Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)