Chicken Pasta Primavera
Protein: 25 g
Carb: 40 g
Fat: 10 g
- 1 (9 oz) pkg linguine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (12 oz each) whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3 X 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium (2 cups) squash, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/8 inch
- 1 medium (1 cup) ripe tomato, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 lb (24) asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 medium red or green epper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook linguine. Rinse with hot water; drain.
2. Heat oil, add chicken and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is fork tender (3 to 4 mins). Add onion, squash, tomato, asparagus, and red pepper.
3. Continue cooking, stirring until vegetables are tender (6 to 8 mins). Stir in broth, basil, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, until heated through ( 4 to 5 mins). Serve over linguine. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese.