Curried Lentil, Tomato And Lamb Stew
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound trimmed boneless lamb sirloin cut into 1" pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup dried green or brown lentils
- 3 carrots peeled, and thickly sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Add to pot; sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic and ginger; sauté 5 minutes. Add curry powder; stir 30 seconds.
Add 2 cups water and next 3 ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lamb and lentils are tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
Add peas to pot and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 402; total fat, 9 g; saturated fat, 3 g; cholesterol, 59 mg.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)