Casseroles - Baked Potato Casserole
- 8 medium potatoes (2-1/2 to 3 lbs.) peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 cup 2% lowfat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- Sliced green onions, optional
Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water, bring to boil. Cook over medium-high heart for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 3 qt. casserole.
Return potatoes to saucepan. Add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand held mixture until smooth. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and half of the bacon. Spoon mixture into casserole.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese, remaining bacon, and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.