Pasta with Roasted Broccoli and Almond-Tomato Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 head broccoli, florets and some stems, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces bucatini or spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 28 -ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Put 2 pieces of foil side by side on a baking sheet. Put the almonds on one piece of foil and the broccoli on the other. Transfer to the oven; roast until the almonds are lightly toasted, about 7 minutes. Remove the foil with the almonds. Continue roasting the broccoli until tender, about 7 more minutes. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs. Meanwhile, pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped; with the motor running, add the garlic and process until finely chopped. Drizzle in the olive oil and process until blended. Add the basil and pulse until smooth; transfer to the bowl with the broccoli.
Put the tomatoes and half of their juice (about 1 cup) in the food processor and pulse until pureed. Add to the bowl with the broccoli mixture and stir to combine. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Banana Bars with Cinnamon/Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crustless Zucchini & Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soy-Garlic Salmon with Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ricotta and Tomato Breakfast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salsas - Raspberry Tomato Salsa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tangy Broccoli Salad 3/4 Cup... 0/5 (0 Votes)