Crustless Zucchini & Basil Mini-Quiches
Looking for an impressive brunch recipe? Serve up some of these scrumptious crustless mini zucchini quiches with fresh basil and get ready for the compliments to begin. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Oil, for the pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere or Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat oven to 450°F.
Prepare Batter: Put the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisking steadily, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the milk, mixing until quite smooth. Whisk in the whole eggs and egg yolks, mixing again until smooth, then gradually whisk in the rest of the milk, the cream, salt, and nutmeg. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to one day. If using the next day, be sure to re-whisk.
Prepare Zucchini Mixture: In a nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add grated zucchini, and stir until just softened, another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Oil mini muffin tins well. Put a pinch grated cheese into each muffin cup, a teaspoon of zucchini mixture, and pinch of chopped fresh basil. Pour 1 tablespoon of the batter into each muffin cup.
Bake until the quiches puff and start to turn golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then carefully run a paring knife around the rim of each muffin cup. Carefully lift each quiche out of its cup.
Mini quiches freeze very well. Let cool, then freeze in a single layer in a covered container. Reheat on a cookie sheet in a 400°F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Easy Crockpot Mongolian Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soy-Garlic Salmon with Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten/Dairy Free) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crown Roast of Pork with Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)