Super-Delicious Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 cups milk, heated to scalding
- 2 tablespoons butter, added to hot milk, so it melts
- 1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons onion or garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Adapted from kentucky.com
Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Beat well with a mixer. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Pour into 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 2 to 6 hours, or until heated through, but without browning around the edges.
Makes 12 servings.
Note: You can make these potatoes 3 to 4 days before you want to serve them. Keep them refrigerated until you are ready to heat and serve. If you they've been refrigerated for several days, it might take up to 6 hours for the middle to get hot.