Maroni's Famous Meatballs
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Beef Chuck
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Minced Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Small Grated Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- Course Salt to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix together beef, cheese, 1 cup of breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, herbs, onion, and garlic; season with salt. If mixture seems too loose mix in remaining 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, as necessary.
3. Roll meat mixture into 2 1/2 ounce balls; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake until beef is cooked through and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Generously salt water and return to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, according to package directions; drain.
5. Heat sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Transfer meatballs to sauce and cook for a least 15 minutes. Transfer meatballs and 1 cup of sauce to a bowl and set aside. Remove remaining sauce from heat. Stir in basil and add drained spaghetti; toss to combine. Transfer spaghetti to a large serving platter; top with meatballs and reserved sauce. Serve immediately, sprinkled with cheese.