Quinoa, Feta and Cranberry-Stuffed Squash
- 1 butternut squash, about 3 lb
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 t minced fresh thyme
- s and p
- 1 1/4 C water1/4 C plus 2 T crumbled feta
- 3/4 C quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 C dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 T Taste of Inspirations Honey Chipotle Grilling Sauce
- 1/4 C hulled pumpkin seeds, toasted (pepitas)
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Halve squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place cut-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet. Foast until flesh pierces easily with a fork, about 1 hour.
While squash is roasting, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, thyme and 1/2 t salt; cook till softened, about 1 minute. Add water and quinoa and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low; cook till grains are just tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Scoop flesh from squash centers, leaving a 1/2" border all around; reserve 1/4 C.
Add reserved squash, 1/4 C feta and cranberries to quinoa mix until combined; season with s & p.
Stuff quinoa mix into squash halves; brush with grilling sauce. Bake till quinoa is golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with pepitas and remaining 2 T feta.
You'll also love
- Spicy Shrimp with Creamy Polenta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frosty Pumpkin Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Doberge Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- J. Gilbert's Cheddar Peppercorn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie with Sour Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ribbons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Razzleberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Marzipan Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)