Chicken, Mushroom And Leek Fricassee
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut 1" pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 small leek, white and pale green parts only thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tspn dried tarragon)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, leek and tarragon. Sauté 8 minutes.
Add wine and cream. Reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Uncover; simmer until mushrooms and leek are tender and sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.