Loaded Mexican Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, omit if you don’t like spice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 heaping cup romaine lettuce, cleaned
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
Take chicken strips and coat with dry seasonings. Then add the cilantro, oil and lime juice and mix until well combined. Let it marinade for at least 20 minutes. Then use a griddle or large pan on medium heat to cook the chicken, about 25-20 minutes. When finished, set aside.
Use the same griddle/pan and heat the corn, onions, peppers, & black beans for a few minutes. (I drizzled a bit of the salad dressing on them separately.)- Set aside.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and combine until well processed.
Combined all ingredients onto a large serving plate and drizzle with salad dressing.