Horseradish Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 3/4 C sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 T onion, finely chopped
- 1 T horseradish
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 C toasted walnuts, chopped
- Assorted vegetables and crackers for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Mix both of the cheeses, onion, horseradish, 1 T parsley, Worchestershire, salt to taste and 1/4 t pepper in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Form the cheese mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until firm and the flavors have blended, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator up to 30 minutes before serving. Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, transfer to a paper towel and when cool, crumble. Mix baccon with nuts and remaining parsley in a shallow bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture so that it is coated evenly. Serve with vegetables and crackers.