Bacon Tomato Zucchini Frittata
Consider a frittata “fast food.” It takes about 15 minutes from fridge to table. Experiment with combinations of veggies and protein. This is one of my favorites.
- 10 eggs beaten
- 2 basil leaves, shredded
- PCOS Diva LLC ©, All Rights Reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic,
- mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission from the author.
- The dietary information presented on these pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. Neither the author nor
- advertisers of this manual make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented and accept no responsibility for its misuse.
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. organic butter
- 1 zucchini, cut into half rounds
- 1 tomato, diced with the excess juice gently squeezed out
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked turkey bacon, chopped
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from taste.com.au
Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, add salt and pepper and basil and set aside. Melt butter in medium sized ovenproof non-stick skillet. Add zucchini and sauté on stovetop until just soft -about 4 minutes. Add tomato, bacon, and, green onions and cook for 30 sec. Add egg mixture to the pan, being sure to spread them evenly. Leave eggs on med heat for a couple minutes to help them set up. Then put the ovenproof skillet in the oven to finish cooking for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Insert a knife into the eggs; if it comes out clean, they are done.
You'll also love
- Perfect Poached Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Corned Beef Hash 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot Peanut Butter Dog Cupcakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Breaded Pork Cutlets with Root Veg... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Scones with Maple... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Cheesecake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Whole Pot-Roasted Cauliflower With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Pai Thai with Zucchini... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)