Orange Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed Texas Orange juice
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimentos, well drained
- 5 Tbs minced green bell pepper
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 (3 ounce) packages liquid fruit pectin
Combine all ingredients except pectin in large kettle or Dutch oven. Stir well. Bring to hard rolling boil, and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Skim foam from top with metal spoon.
Add pectin and stir well.
Quickly ladle into hot, sterilized 1/2 pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
Wipe rims of jars with damp cloth; cover at once with metal lids and screw bands; seal tightly.
Process filled jars in hot water bath; or refrigerate immediately after cooling.
Turn jars frequently during cooling to distribute pepper evenly throughout jelly.