Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- ◾8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ◾Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ◾3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ◾4 cloves garlic, minced
- ◾1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- ◾1 tablespoon honey
- ◾1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ◾1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ◾1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- ◾2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1.Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
2.Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
3.Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4.Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme and basil until well combined. Return chicken to the skillet.
5.Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.